Yes! Security and privacy are some of our core concerns at GoCanvas. Thus, we equipped our product with the features and capabilities to ensure that your data is secure. Our basic settings provide great security, but you can also enable HIPAA certification, giving you the highest level security necessary to manage critical patient information. GoCanvas is utilized by numerous health care workers including hospitals, doctors, nurses and home health care providers.
Some of the features related to enabling HIPAA:
- Incorporating auto-logoffs and session timeout to prevent information leaks due to lost or unsecured devices.
- Disabling auto-email features to prevent accidental disclosure of sensitive information.
- Increased usage of logging and checksums to validate that data has not been manipulated.
If you would like to enable HIPAA on your GoCanvas account follow these steps:
- Navigate to Account>Account Settings.
- Under Security Settings find HIPAA Compliance and toggle the button to on (will change from a gray X to a blue checkmark).