The Dispatch and Workflow page can be a bit confusing if you are using both Dispatch and Workflow, so we'll walk you through it starting at the top and working our way down the screen.
- Create Dispatch - Click here to create a Dispatch via our website and send it out to a mobile worker.
- Dispatch Calendar - Navigate to the Dispatch Calendar, where you can visualize your Dispatches, create new ones, and more.
- Search Dispatch Fields - This will search any of the fields that you pre-populated and dispatched out to your user. So if you dispatched the name of your customer you can search on that value and you will find the Dispatch. It does NOT search data collected by your mobile user. Find that in the Submissions area. Click on Advanced Search to expose additional options, including searching by user, App, and Status.
Now let's look at the table that displays our Dispatches. This can be somewhat of an eye chart, but with great power comes some complexity.
- Selector Box - For choosing individual Dispatches and/or Workflows to manipulate using actions (see below)
- ID - Each Dispatch is assigned a unique ID. If it is a Workflow, it will display the Submission ID, which is a unique ID, too.
- Name - The name of the Dispatch or Workflow.
- Description - Each Dispatch has a Description that is required when you create them. A Workflow item does NOT have a description so it will always be blank for a workflow (unless it is also a Dispatch).
- User - This is the person that the Dispatch was assigned to.For Workflow, it shows you the user that has the handoff currently. This is a great way to see where your process is stuck!
- App Name - This is the App name. Pure and simple.
- Status - For Dispatches, there a number of statuses that are fixed and assigned by GoCanvas (Completed, Assigned, Received, etc.). For Workflow, it will show you the name of the handoff where the submission is right now.
- Creation Date - For Dispatch this is when the dispatch was created. For Workflow this is when the first handoff took place.
- Completion Date - This is the date that the Submission was completed by the mobile user.
- Scheduled At - If you are on the Professional Plan you are able to schedule Dispatches. This is the date and time that a Dispatch was scheduled.
There a number of actions you can take with your Dispatches and Workflows. To expose these on the page, select at least one Dispatch or Workflow using the Selector Box.
- Download - Download the selected Dispatches into a CSV file. Most customers find the "Export Dispatches" more useful because it has more information. Learn more about exporting Dispatches.
- Copy - You can copy an existing Dispatch. You can then edit it as necessary. You cannot copy a Workflow.
- Re-Assign - You can reassign a Dispatch or Workflow to another user. The new user will receive a notification on his/her device. The current assigned user will receive a notification saying it has been unassigned.
- Un-Assign - You can unassign a Dispatch or Workflow. It will then not be assigned to anyone and you can assign it at another time.
- Delete - You can delete a Dispatch or a Workflow.
- Sample Dispatch File - In order to generate a bulk Dispatch upload, you'll need to download a sample Dispatch file specific to that App. Learn more about bulk Dispatch.
- Upload Dispatches - Once you've generated your bulk Dispatch upload file, this is where you'll upload the completed file.
- Export Dispatches - Export a collection of Dispatches all at once. You'll be able to set the parameters (date range, specific Apps or all Apps, even a particular version of an App) to download into a CSV.