It really doesn't make sense for your employees out in the field to type in their own name every time they fill out a GoCanvas App. Your Work Orders or Invoices probably all need the name of the employee that serviced that customer, but it takes valuable time to enter that each time.
GoCanvas has a feature called System Default that allows you to populate a Text Box with data based on the user logging into the App. You'll find this in the App Builder, which you can access by navigating to your Apps page. Click the Edit button to launch the App Builder or an existing App or Create new app.
Find or add the short text field you want to auto-populate with the user's name or email address. If not already open, click to open the Field Settings. Expand the More tab and you'll find an option called System Default. You have several options:
- Username - This is the username for their GoCanvas account, which is their email address.
- Company Name - This is your company name as entered on your GoCanvas account.
- First Name - Your user's first name as entered on their GoCanvas account.
- Last Name - Your user's last name as entered on their GoCanvas account.
- Full Name (First Last) - Your user's first and last name as entered on their GoCanvas account.
You could make this field Read Only, too, if you don't want your user to be able to edit it. Since it is probably not necessary that this field ever gets edited, you may as well make it Read Only so your user skips over it quickly.
Please sign in to leave a comment.