User Groups allow you to quickly and easily assign GoCanvas apps to users. Anytime you add a new user to a User Group they will be automatically assigned any Apps assigned to that Group.
This is a great way for large organizations to ensure that all of their users have the right Apps assigned to the right people.
Create a User Group
- Navigate to Account>Groups.
- From the Groups screen, you have a few options once you have created at least one Group.
- Create Group - This button allows you to create a new Group.
- Delete - This allows you to delete a Group.
- Info - Takes you to a screen that will show the users assigned to the Group and the description of the group. If you click on the Group name you end up on the "Info" screen, too.
When you push Create Group you have a few fields to enter:
- Name - Create a name for your group that makes sense to you. (Sales Team; Service Team; West Region Sales Team)
- Description - Enter a description of the Group. This is important if you have multiple users accessing your account that might be creating and editing Groups.
Next you'll want to add users to your Group. Once you create a Group you get the screen below (you can also get there from the Group landing screen by clicking on the name of the Group):
- Click Manage Members on the left hand side.
- Check the box next to usernames you wish to add to this Group.
- You will also have the option to notify the user. Uncheck the box if you don’t want to notify the user.
- Hit Save to assign the new user to this group.
- On that same Group Detail screen, click the Manage Apps button.
- Find the app you wish to assign and click on Quick Links icon and then select More.
- You will also have the option to notify the user. Uncheck the box if you don’t want to notify users that they have new Apps.