GoCanvas can be integrated with Quickbooks so that the data you capture on your smart devices can be dumped into your Quickbooks desktop program.
Note: This integration is dependent on a program, the GoCanvas Quickbooks Connector, that was created and is maintained by our partners at Data Collaborative. GoCanvas is not responsible for the functionality of the program. If you need functionality that is not available through the GoCanvas Quickbooks Connector, please contact our Professional Services Team to inquire about a custom integration.
Integrating GoCanvas with Quickbooks
There are two things you'll need in order to integrate with Quickbooks:
- Quickbooks Apps: We have 4 pre-built apps in our Application Store that are designed to integrate with Quickbooks. To add the apps to your account, click on the link below and then push the Get App link on that page. Do this before moving on to the GoCanvas Quickbooks Connector setup.
GoCanvas worked with a partner (Data Collaborative) to develop the GoCanvas Quickbooks Apps and the software connector.
To sign-up for the 30-day trial of the GoCanvas Quickbooks Connector, click here and enter your information. You will be asked what apps you want to use the connector with. If you're not sure yet, choose all of them.
Once you sign-up you will be taken to a screen that will provide you with some very important information. Do not leave that screen until you capture (copy) that information. You will get the following information:
- Customer ID
- License IDs (You will get a License ID for each App that you chose to use the connector with)
- A link to the page where you will download the software (Make sure you copy the above information and then click the link to download the software).
During the installation process you'll be asked to do a few things:
- Choose your Quickbooks file on your computer so the connector knows where to put your data.
- Enter your GoCanvas username and password so the connector can authenticate onto GoCanvas's servers and retrieve your data.
- Enter your Customer ID provided by Data Collaborative.
You need to have already added the GoCanvas Quickbooks Apps to your GoCanvas account prior to this point. The software connector will search for apps after you enter your GoCanvas username and password.
Once the software is installed, push the Configuration button. Add each of the License IDs for each App you intend to integrate with Quickbooks.
You also might need to install the Intuit Quickbooks Foundation Classes 7.0 software on your computer. This will allow 3rd party software (GoCanvas Quickbooks Connector) to access your Quickbooks files.
Now that you have everything in place, there are a few things you'll need to know:
- You can't modify the pre-built GoCanvas Apps much. They are designed to work with the GoCanvas Quickbooks Connector as they are. You may be able to delete some of the fields and have everything still work, but you should do all of your testing using the GoCanvas Quickbooks Apps as is.
- The connector will update reference files that were added to your GoCanvas account when you added the GoCanvas Quickbooks apps to your GoCanvas account. If you added more than one of the GoCanvas Quickbooks Apps to your GoCanvas account then you will have duplicate copies of those files. The duplicates need to be deleted for the integration to work. To do this, log onto GoCanvas and delete the extra files. Follow these steps:
- Click on Reference Data & Images.
- Delete the files that have numbers next to them. In the example below, you just need to keep the CustomerJob file and the CustomerJobTaxMapping files. The other files with the numbers can be deleted. You will see a number of reference files there. Make sure you delete all of the duplicate files and keep the file that does NOT have a number after it.
Now you can initiate a connection between GoCanvas and Quickbooks. GoCanvas Quickbooks Connector will update the reference files on GoCanvas with your data from Quickbooks. Choose the Quickbooks app you want to test and open it on your mobile device. Fill in some data and submit it. Make sure you upload your submission. Then you can initiate another connection with the GoCanvas Quickbooks Connector and see if it pulls the data you captured on your mobile device into your Quickbooks file.
If you have trouble with the GoCanvas Quickbooks Connector, please contact Data Collaborative.
If you have any questions about GoCanvas or need help replacing paper-based forms with an Android or Apple device, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Please sign in to leave a comment.