Did you know that you can set statuses for the Submissions your employees send in after you have received them? This allows internal teams to view where a Submission is during a review or other process.
These statuses can be customized to your specific process, so your entire team can stay on the same page and track the progress of Submissions in your own vocabulary.
Setting up Submission Statuses
For each App you can enable Submission Status and set your own status options.
- Go to Apps under the Home tab.
- Select the App you want to set Submission Statuses for.
- Under Settings, find Submission Status and click the Settings button.
- Check the box beside Enable Submission Status for this app.
- Now click Add a Status.
- Type in what you want your first option to be and the click the green check.
- You can repeat steps 5-6 to add as many options as you need.
- Click Save.
You can now set statuses to any of the submissions from that App.
Editing Submission Status options
Once you've got Submission Statuses set, you may want to edit the names of, change the order of, or delete options.
- Go to Apps under the My Home tab.
- Select the app you want to set Submission Status options for.
- Under Options choose Submission Status.
- Beside the option you can click either Move up or Move Down to change where it is the the order. Move around your options until they are in the desired order.
To edit or delete a submission status option, follow these steps:
- Follow steps 1-3 above.
- Beside the option you would like to edit, click the Edit icon.
- You can now type in what ever you would like to change that Option to.
- Click the green check.
- Don't forget to Save.
You can also delete a Submission Status. GoCanvas will give you the option to change the status of all existing submissions to a different, pre-existing Status. If you would like to change them to a Status you don't already have set, use the Edit feature to rename the Status instead.
To delete (or change an option to an existing one), use the trash can option next to the Status you want to delete.
How to set a submission status
To set the status of a submission, follow these steps:
- Go to Submissions under the Home tab.
- Select the App you want to set the Submission Status for.
- Under the Status heading, click the current status of the Submission you want to change. A drop box will appear.
- Click the status you would like to set for the Submission.
Now the status is set. You can change the status the same way at any time.