Using GoCanvas you can submit images in your mobile Apps. When images are submitted they are compressed to take up less space. Because everyone's image needs are different, we give you the ability to choose your image compression mode.
Each setting has two different parts to it. The first is compression quality. This is the quality of the resulting image. Reducing quality will reduce the file size.
The second is max height/width dimension. This is the maximum size of the largest dimension of the image. So if the user takes/selects a large image where the dimensions are larger than the specified max, we will scale the image down so that the greater of the two dimensions matches the specified max.
There are three different compression settings:
- Normal - Compression Quality: 80%. Compression Max Height/Width Dimension: 800px.
- Better - Compression Quality: 80%. Compression Max Height/Width Dimension: 400px.
- Best - Compression Quality: 75%. Compression Max Height/Width Dimension: 200px.
Every app is defaulted to Normal.
Setting image compression
To change the image compression from the default, follow the steps below:
- Go to Apps.
- Click the name of the App you want to change the image compression for.
- Under Settings, find Compression and click the Settings button.
- Select the level of compression you would like.
Now any images submitted in this App will be compressed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.