Whenever your users fill out a form in GoCanvas, they are required to sync their device to upload the Submission to your GoCanvas account.
Auto Sync is a feature designed to streamline the experience of uploading Submissions. With Auto Sync, your reports will upload to GoCanvas automatically when you have access to data or Wi-Fi. This is especially useful when completing submissions in an area without signal.
Please note that Auto Sync will not download any new Reference Data, App updates, Workflows, or Dispatches. If you are notified that new data is available, you must click the Sync button to retrieve that data.
You can enable Auto Sync from the Settings screen:
With Auto Sync enabled, you will not have the option to automatically download or view the PDF after completing a submission. This is to allow you to keep working and start filling out another form.
There are some differences between the auto upload functionality on Android and iOS.
- As long as the GoCanvas application is open or in the background, GoCanvas will detect when you have coverage and upload your Submissions automatically.
- If you force close out of GoCanvas, your Submissions will not upload until you re-launch the application.
- iOS has limitations on how long they allow certain applications to function in the background. This limit is 180 seconds. Apple has criteria for applications they allow to function in the background (such as navigation applications).
- If GoCanvas is in the background, it will attempt to upload your Submissions for as long as the iOS limit allows.
- If the iOS limit has passed, GoCanvas will automatically upload your Submissions the next time you are actively using GoCanvas and you have coverage.
Please sign in to leave a comment.