First you need to enable Dispatch with Reference Data for your App.
- On the Apps page, click on the name of the App for which you want to enable the feature.
- Under Settings, find Dispatch and click the Settings button:
- Click the box next to Use Reference Data in the Dispatch Manager with this app:
Using Reference Data in the Dispatch Manager
Like with other fields in your App, using Reference Data in the Dispatch Manager will behave similarly to how it works on your mobile device. You can select from a dropdown:
and even use Dependent Reference Data to auto-populate additional fields:
Limits to using Reference Data in the Dispatch Manager
There are some tricks and limitations to using Reference Data in the Dispatch Manager, including:
- File size: there's not a hard file size limit, but having a lot of Reference Data Dispatched within a single App may cause page load times to increase, the process to time out, or other issues.
- Static text: If you are using Reference Data to set a Static Text field, it will not display in the Dispatch Manager.
- Show duplicates: If a field is set to show duplicates in the App Builder, it will not be available to use in the Dispatch Manager.
- Checkbox backdoor: The checkbox backdoor will display as a dropdown in the Dispatch Manager.
- Grouped Reference Data: Reference Data that is divided into User Groups will not be available in the Dispatch Manager.
- Read only: Whatever is typed in Dispatch manager will show on mobile, overwriting any defaults or auto-captured data.
- Pre-populated grids: If you Dispatch to a pre-populated grid, the value you're Dispatching will overwrite what is supposed to be pre-populated.
Please sign in to leave a comment.