The PDF Designer is a powerful tool that helps you create a personalized look and feel for the PDFs you send out. While we automatically supply you with a simple Standard PDF layout to use from the get-go, you can use the PDF Designer to create a more branded, interactive experience to engage your audience.
Global Settings are settings that you can apply across the whole PDF to save you time and ensure consistent formatting. They can be turned off at the field, column, or table level.
In the PDF Designer, you can find Global Settings under the Settings icon on the lefthand side.
If you want to turn off Global Settings at the field, column, or table level, just uncheck this box:
Types of Global Settings
There are four general groups of Global Settings: General, Fields, Loops, and Table Rows. We'll break down the individual settings that make each of these groups up below:
- Page Orientation: Select whether you want your PDF output to display vertically or horizontally.
- Font: Change the font type across the entire PDF.
- Text Size: Change the text size across the entire PDF.
- Vertical Spacing: Adjust the spacing of the content of the PDF.
- Snap Column Borders: Turn this on for assistance lining up column borders.
- Page Numbering: Turn this on for automatic page numbering in the bottom right corner of each page.
- Borders: Add borders to each field in the PDF.
- Show Labels: Turn this off to remove field labels and only show values.
- Header Color: Change the color of your table headers across the PDF.
- Header Borders: Add or remove header borders for your tables across the PDF.
- Header Alignment: Choose between left, center, and right alignment for the text in your headers.
- Row Color: Change the color of your table rows across the PDF.
- Row Borders: Add or remove header borders.
- Row Alignment: Choose between left, center, and right alignment for the text in your rows.
- Padding: Add padding to provide "cushion" for the content within your columns and the column's edges.
Those are your PDF Designer Global Settings. Happy designing!
Click here to read more about the PDF Designer.